Sunday, July 25, 2010

LA Street Food Festival


Held at the Rose Bowl this past weekend, quite a few food trucks were on hand to showcase their respective cuisines.  The event had 58 food trucks of which I had only tried 10 of them.  And even of these 10 trucks, I’ve only consistently gone back to only 2 trucks -- Grilled Cheese Truck and FrySmith.  These two were a “must eat” in my opinion for Evelyn and Emi.

I tried to take as many pictures as possible, but I usually end up eating all of it before I remembered.  Overall, because of the lines, I wished we could have had more opportunities to eat some of the other ones.  

We ended up tasting:
- Dogzilla (japanese inspired hot dogs).
- Mariscos (Fish tacos)
- Ta Bom (Brazilian)
- Tamales from somewhere.
- Cupcakes a Go Go (cupcakes)
- FrySmith (Rajas and Kimchi Pork fries)
- Grilled Cheese Truck (Cheesy macaroni with pulled pork)
- BBQ ribs from somewhere.
- Crepe’n Around. (Sweet Crepes)
- Fresh Fries (Sweet Potato fries with peanut butter and nutella)
- Kabob N’ Roll (Chicken Kabob).
- Cool Haus (Ice Cream Sandwiches).

The public album can be found here.
This was such a cool event. I hope more people I know will go for the next event.

No comments: