Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Gourmet Food Trucks (2)

I recently had the chance to try two more trucks.
  
Re: Louks
Louks is a "Greek Gourmet" food truck.  I've been wanting to try out their food for a while now.  When they stopped nearby work, I jumped at the opportunity to try it.  I ordered the $10 special which included any gyro, any fries and any Louks (a Greek donut?).  The beef gyro was delicious.  The spices they used for seasoning was great.  The tzatziki was good too.  They added some of their fries in with the gyro.  I guess that was their way to make themselves distinct from other Greek gourmet trucks.  


They recommended Honey Feta Fries.  I would not recommend it -- maybe Feta Fries or plain fries.  Even though  the sweetness of the honey didn't overpower the saltiness of the feta and fries, it just didn't taste very good to me.  It felt like they tried to make a "sweet and salty" flavor combination (think McDonald's Sweet and Sour sauce).  The feta was a good mix with the fries.  I wonder if they have a spicy feta fries.  I never finished the Nutella Louks.  It was basically fried dough mixed with Nutella.  I had a couple bites and gave the rest away.  Nutella is always good with bread.


Anyhow, I would definitely want to go back to try more gyros.  They also have skewers too.  




Gourmet burgers.  I actually only had their curly fries.  The fries were decent but I ate some that were slightly undercooked.  But fries are fries.  There isn't much to differentiate fries alone.  They had a chipotle sauce which was really good.  I have to try this again some other time.




Re:  Calbi
I tried this again.  The pork tacos were great.  That spicy sauce still lingered after I finished the tacos.  I think I like Calbi mainly since there's always a short wait for food.  In this fast paced culture (so cliché!), I expect lines to be short and food service to be fast for these gourmet food trucks.  

I think thats why I don't think Kogi food is worth waiting for since every Kogi line has been 1 hour just to order.  Much to long of a wait for normal lunch crowds and even dinner crowds. 

felix =^^= 

No comments: