Sunday, March 13, 2011

Gourmet Food Trucks (15)



Re: India Jones Truck

This is a bright yellow truck serves Indian food.  They wrap seasoned meats in a roti called Frankie.  Its similar to a burrito.  They also have another dish called Paratha.  The people described it as a “Quesadilla without the cheese”.  Unfortunately I don’t have any pictures since I don’t normally carry around my camera.

I tried both the Frankie and the Paratha.  The Frankie was stuffed with lamb.  It was pretty decent.  I personally think that it could be a bit spicier as I always viewed Indian curry to be spicy.  The Paratha had minced beef which tasted a little wierd.  This also needed to be spicier.  I’ll take pictures next time.



Re:  Go Country

This is what happens when an established radio station decides to go out into the food truck business.  They serve Tex-Mex, Country and Southern food.  Although I don’t quite know the distinction between Country and Southern food, Tex-Mex I can figure out.  As they were at this relatively new Food Truck Lot at Washington and Overland with my favorite food truck.  I tried their hot wings.  It was decent.  I wasn’t really overly impressed since it honestly tasted similar to something you’d get at Hooters or at the Wings Over in Brookline.







Re: Barbie’s Q

Another food truck at the previously mentioned Food Truck Lot, I had tried a sandwich once before in the past (see Gourmet Food Trucks (3)).  I didn’t remember what I had ordered back then (apparently the BBQ pulled pork) so I ordered the BBQ pulled pork.  The pork this time was pretty good.  The pork wasn’t drenched in BBQ sauce so I was able to taste the slow cooked pork flavor.  I actually enjoyed the sandwich.  The BBQ sauce however still lacks something that to make it really good.




Re: No Reservations Catering

The addictive garlic fries are not supplanted with the equally addictive “Heaven’s Gate” grilled cheese.  Their desserts are good too.




No comments: