Friday, April 16, 2010

Gourmet Food Trucks (4)


Woohoo~  Finally managed to try a Cheesesteak truck.

I think I was lucky and they happened to be close by!  I had the Cheese "wit" aka Cheese steak with Cheese Wiz and onion.  If anyone recalls those Food Network and Travel Network shows about food, the Cheese "wit" is considered an "authentic" Philadelphia cheese steak.  Well... authentic means only so much when there's "authentic" Chinese food all over the place in every city.  

How did it taste?  It was messy in a gooey, juicy way.
If anyone remembers I.B. Hoagies back in Berkeley, it pretty much tastes similar to how they made it.  The cheese itself was all melted within the meat so every bite had a good amount of cheese.  The onions weren't as finally chopped as I liked.  I think it would have made the cheese steak much better.


Re:  Coolhaus
Ice cream sandwiches!  Too bad it was pretty windy and cold.  The flavor I got (Balsamic Fig and Mascarpone Cheese) was good.  The Mascarpone reminded me of Tiramisu only... much richer.  I think it would have been even better if the cookies were warm or at least fresh.  The oatmeal cookies were crunchy.  I don't like crunchy cookies.

No comments: